Home > Records Management
Records Management is responsible for establishing standards,
procedures and techniques for effective management of the public records
of Arizona state and local government. Records Management operates from a records center where inactive state agency records are stored.
The building also houses the preservation imaging operation and a training center for classes of
up to 30 participants.
- Consulting, training and education in records management for state and local government agency personnel.
- Developing record retention schedules for state and local government agencies.
- Maintaining and accessing inactive state agency records.
- Housing master copies of microforms and computer tapes in a climate-controlled vault.
- Microfilming selected documents and Arizona newspapers.
- Processing and duplicating microfilm.
Established by statute, A.R.S. § 41-151,13, Records Management (RMD) administers the management of public records throughout state and local government in Arizona. It is organized into three operational units.
top of page