May 7-11, 2017
The Historic C.O.D. Ranch, Oracle
The 2017 Arizona State Library Leadership Institute teaches participants the essential elements of good leadership. It also provides them the opportunity to engage in deep conversations about leadership, complete personal assessments, and develop a personal plan for leadership development.
The Institute will be facilitated by nationally known organizational development consultant, Maureen Sullivan. Maureen has more than 25 years of experience in leadership development and is Past President of the American Library Association. She helped establish the ACRL/Harvard Leadership Institute and is a faculty member for its annual program.
The Arizona State Library Leadership Institute is accepting applications from public and academic library staff for this immersive 4-day leadership institute through January 16, 2017.
Criteria for applicants:
- Employed in a public or academic library in Arizona
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a library-related job with progressive experience
- Record of experience that demonstrates leadership potential
- Expected continued contribution to the profession
- A thoughtfully completed application
- Two letters of recommendation
Download Application (DOC)
The 2017 Arizona State Library Leadership Institute is supported with federal LSTA funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).