- Summer Library Institute - professional development training for public library staff who do not have a Master's degree in Library Science and who work in predominantly rural areas of the state
- Leadership Institute – professional development training for library staff with a minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible library experience.
- Library Practitioner Certification - certification opportunity for library practitioners who do not have a degree in library science and would like recognition for participation in professional development.
- Scholarships - scholarship information for full-time employees in Arizona seeking aid to attend continuing education events.
- University of Arizona School of Information Resources and Library Science (SIRLS) - undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs in library science, digital information, and related subjects.
Access to WebJunction’s self-paced online library courses is now available and free to all library staff members. Simply create an account at http://learn.webjunction.org and then explore the catalog of library-focused courses and archived webinars. Certificates of completion will be available to you for any of the courses or archived webinars you complete from the catalog.
Infopeople offers a variety of webinars and self-paced online courses on topics of high interest for library staff. Webinars are free, and the Arizona State Library has purchased a block of registrations for the online courses. Arizona library staff may register for courses by sending an email to Dale Savage, [email protected], containing:
- The course name and dates
- Registrant’s name
- Registrant’s email
- Library name
- Library address
- Library phone number
Upcoming courses and webinars are available at https://infopeople.org.