- AZ Get Involved Volunteer Engagement Institute – professional development training for library staff that work with volunteers in their libraries. Participants will come away with various tools and resources that will enable them to take their volunteer programs to the next level. Those who are new to volunteer management will develop the necessary foundation to begin successfully recruiting and engaging with volunteers.
- Summer Library Institute - professional development training for public library staff who do not have a Master's degree in Library Science and who work in predominantly rural areas of the state.
- Leadership Institute – professional development training for library staff with a minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible library experience.
- Library Practitioner Certification - certification opportunity for library practitioners who do not have a degree in library science and would like recognition for participation in professional development.
- Scholarships - scholarship information for full-time employees in Arizona seeking aid to attend continuing education events.
- University of Arizona School of Information Resources and Library Science (SIRLS) - undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs in library science, digital information, and related subjects.
Access to WebJunction’s self-paced online library courses is now available and free to all library staff members. Simply create an account at http://learn.webjunction.org and then explore the catalog of library-focused courses and archived webinars. Certificates of completion will be available to you for any of the courses or archived webinars you complete from the catalog.
Infopeople offers a variety of webinars and self-paced online courses on topics of high interest for library staff. Webinars are free, and the Arizona State Library has purchased a block of registrations for the online courses. Arizona library staff may register for courses by sending an email to Dale Savage, [email protected], containing:
- The course name and dates
- Registrant’s name
- Registrant’s email
- Library name
- Library address
- Library phone number
Upcoming courses and webinars are available at https://infopeople.org.