- AZ Get Involved Volunteer Engagement Institute – professional development training for library staff that work with volunteers in their libraries. Participants will come away with various tools and resources that will enable them to take their volunteer programs to the next level. Those who are new to volunteer management will develop the necessary foundation to begin successfully recruiting and engaging with volunteers. Please see application for additional information. The application deadline is May 15, 2017.
- Summer Library Institute - professional development training for public library staff who do not have a Master's degree in Library Science and who work in predominantly rural areas of the state.
- Leadership Institute – professional development training for library staff with a minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible library experience.
- Library Practitioner Certification - certification opportunity for library practitioners who do not have a degree in library science and would like recognition for participation in professional development.
- Scholarships - scholarship information for full-time employees in Arizona seeking aid to attend continuing education events.
- University of Arizona School of Information Resources and Library Science (SIRLS) - undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs in library science, digital information, and related subjects.
Access to WebJunction’s self-paced online library courses is now available and free to all library staff members. Simply create an account at http://learn.webjunction.org and then explore the catalog of library-focused courses and archived webinars. Certificates of completion will be available to you for any of the courses or archived webinars you complete from the catalog.
The Arizona State Library through a cooperative effort with WebJunction has provided 24X7 access to a catalog of self-paced courses through SkillSoft. The approximately 450 courses and over 4,000 short instructional videos cover:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Desktop Software Skills
- Technology Skills
To request an account, go to http://webjunction.skillport.com. Click on the Register link near the bottom of the page. Complete all fields of the registration form, making sure to select your correct State Library Sponsor. When you submit the form, you will receive an email acknowledgment of your request. Within 2 working days, you will receive an activation notice regarding your account.