Arizona State Archives has worked with Ancestry.com to digitize family history records and make them available online for free. The list of records available is located in the bottom left corner of the Ancestry.com Arizona State Archives web page.
How do I get started?
Free access to Ancestry.com Arizona State Archives is available to Arizona state residents. This access requires a free Ancestry.com Arizona account.
To begin, enter your zip code below, click Submit and you will be taken to the Ancestry.com Arizona search page.
Follow these steps to create your free account:
- Enter your search parameters (name, birth year and location, etc.) on the initial search page. The results will display entries found in the Arizona State Archives' records.
- Click on any of the documents in the list of results, and you will be prompted to "Create a Free Account."
- Enter your name and email address. You may opt out of receiving additional communication (such as email promotions) by checking the appropriate box. Ancestry.com will send you a user name and password.
- View any records available through the Ancestry.com Arizona State Archives page at anytime by signing in to your free account.
- Remember, you will have free access only to the records available through Ancestry.com Arizona State Archives, not to the entire Ancestry database.
What if I already have an Ancestry.com account?
All the records made available through the Ancestry.com Arizona State Archives partnership are included in your Ancestry.com subscription. Your search results will include all of the records available on Ancestry.com.
How can I find what I'm looking for in the records?
Most of the Arizona family history record collections have been indexed, which means you can search by name, location, or other keywords. Others have not been indexed and can be browsed page by page to find what you're looking for.
What if I do not wish to receive email messages from Ancestry.com?
Go to the Ancestry.com Arizona State Archives page and log into your account. At the top you will see a link for My Account with a drop down arrow. Hover over the arrow to see email preferences, click on that link, and you will go to the page where you can select your email preferences.