Plan Your Visit
Available at State Library of Arizona, 1700 West Washington Street, Suite 300, Phoenix, AZ 85007-2812
- Books and indexes to immigration and naturalization records;
- Published material for all the states, e.g., vital records, court records, wills and probates, and county histories
- Published material for some foreign countries
- Genealogical periodicals for various states
- Complete runs of the scholarly genealogical periodicals: New England Historical and Genealogical Register and The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record (beginning in 1847 and 1870 respectively)
- Search our catalog to find what’s in our collection.
- Online resources (for in-Library use):
Available at Polly Rosenbaum Archives and History Building, 1901 West Madison, Phoenix, AZ 85009-5229
- Assessment Rolls containing lists of taxable persons and their property.
- Brand Indexes and Books.
- Coroner or Justice Court records detail inquests held for violent or suspicious deaths
- Great Registers containing personal information required of those who registered to vote.
- Records from the Territorial Prison.
- Superior Court records including marriage licenses, wills, probate cases, and civil and criminal cases.
- Ten Basic Steps to Researching Your Family Tree
- Genealogy Information Portals
- Accessing Arizona Public Records
- Arizona Newspapers
- Arizona Biographical Database
Limited Time Trial
Until June 30, 2015 you can try out two new databases here in the library.
Find My Past - www.findmypast.com Findmypast is a British-owned world leader in online genealogy. It has an unrivalled record of online innovation in the field of family history and 18 million registered users across its family of online brands, which includes Mocavo, Genes Reunited, The British Newspaper Archive amongst others.
My Heritage - Ebsco Host - My Heritage Use Login: arizona & Password: trial MyHeritage Library Edition™ is one of the largest, most internationally diverse genealogy databases of its kind in the world. It includes billions of historical documents from over 48 countries, millions of historical photos, public records, indexes and additional resources.