Home > Records Management > Public Records Standards and Laws
Public Records Standards and Laws
Arizona's public records laws are among the most broad and flexible, and include a contemporary definition of records management. The statutory program is inclusive of local government records including counties, municipalities, school districts and special districts, as well as the records of the executive branch of state government, and the state universities. Records Management also has authority, upon request, to assist and advise the legislative and judicial branches of state government.
• Definition of Records Management
• What Constitutes a Public Record?
• Statute Regarding Responsibility of State and Local Agencies
Standards and Requirements
• Statute Regarding Retention and Disposition of Public Records
• Standards For Permanent Records
• Permanent Public Records Requirements
• Microfilm and Electronic Imaging Approval
top of page