Library Assistant I - East Flagstaff Branch
|Location:||Coconino County, AZ|
|Job Description:||Conducts library duties at the East Flagstaff Community Library.
Under supervision of the Library Supervisor, employees of this class are responsible for the day-to-day activities at the branch library, providing excellent customer service in the areas of circulation, reference, youth services, and computers. Creates and undertakes major projects for adult and youth (pending approval from the Branch Manager), to include creating, planning, instigating, and carrying projects through to completion in a timely manner. Requires a high level of independence and initiative and the ability to be creative and innovative while conducting library business.
This position is FLSA non-exempt. Apply online at http://www.flagstaff.az.gov/Jobs.asp
|Requirements:||• Two years of college coursework, two years of experience working in a public library, or any equivalent combination of training, experience, and education.
|Other:||DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• Advanced computer skills.
• Some experience with youth and adult programming.
• Knowledge about the local community and its resources.
• Experience with library on-line and CD/ROM computer systems and software.
• Some supervisory experience.
• Familiarity with Dewey decimal system.
• Ability to speak Spanish.
• Must possess, or obtain upon employment, a valid Arizona driver’s license.
• Ability and willingness to work evenings, holidays, and weekends, as dictated by open hours of the library.
Full job description available at http://www.flagstaff.az.gov/Jobs.asp
|Date Entered:||August 21, 2006|
|Ending Date:||September 1, 2006|