Home > Library Development > Buying and Funding > Books for Arizona Libraries
Select quality books for your library or literacy group at participating large library systems' book sales, bookstores and warehouses, or have books shipped to you, all at no cost.
Funding for Quality Books
The Books for Arizona Libraries program provides funding for Arizona’s smaller libraries and literacy groups to acquire quality, appropriate books from large library systems’ book sales. Grant funds are allocated separately to each participating large library system and Friends organization (serving populations of more than 100,000) in Arizona, to offset the cost of providing books.
Can my Library Participate?
Literacy groups, and public libraries of all kinds (such as school, tribal, prison, rural) are all eligible to shop!
Get First Choice of Books Now!
Shopping is often available anytime, or before the public sale! Choose from a wide array of quality books, including books donated by the public, books from large library collections, and new books donated by publishers and individuals. Find books of every type -- children’s books, books in Spanish, and Arizona-related books -- you name it!
It’s Easy to Participate!
1) Call or email a participating location (see links below) to arrange for a visit, and to ensure that grant funds are still available at that location (each has limited annual funds). In addition to book sales, there are shopping hours all year long at select library warehouses and bookstores!
2) Visit and make your selections. In some cases, libraries may even accept a request for books via email, and then ship them to you!
3) Sign a receipt and leave with your books!
Check the following links for more information:
Book Sales: Special Events
Upcoming book sale dates and details.
Book Sales: Ongoing
Warehouses and library bookstores, where books can be acquired during regular business hours or by appointment. Assistance with selection and shipment of books may be available; check individual listings.
Hot Deals: Books available now!
Check regularly for new entries. Examples include: literature sets, newly-published Arizona titles, and special reference materials. Entries may include give-aways available from libraries not participating directly in the grant-funded program.
The Wish List: Books we need!
- Online Request List: request specific titles or types of books that your library needs, to be viewed by other libraries throughout the state. And, check regularly for new entries, to see if your library can help fill another library's need!
- Organize your book sale search by completing the Book Sale Selection Form (use it yourself, or send with staff or volunteers). Or, if you are receiving assistance with selection and shipment of books, fill in the information at the bottom of the form and email it to the appropriate organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
Books for Arizona Libraries program brochure (printable pdf file)
top of page