Plan Your Visit
Available at Polly Rosenbaum Archives and History Building, 1901 W Madison St, Phoenix, AZ 85009
Genealogical resources at the Arizona State Archives include but are not limited to:
- Assessment Rolls containing lists of taxable persons and their property.
- Brand Indexes and Books.
- Coroner or Justice Court records detail inquests held for violent or suspicious deaths
- Great Registers containing personal information required of those who registered to vote.
- Records from the Territorial Prison.
- Superior Court records including marriage licenses, wills, probate cases, and civil and criminal cases.
Available at State Library of Arizona, 1700 W Washington St, Suite 300, Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Books and indexes to immigration and naturalization records;
- Published material for all the states, e.g., vital records, court records, wills and probates, and county histories
- Published material for some foreign countries
- Genealogical periodicals for various states
- Complete runs of the scholarly genealogical periodicals: New England Historical and Genealogical Register and The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record (beginning in 1847 and 1870 respectively)
- Online resources (for in-Library use):
- Ten Basic Steps to Researching Your Family Tree
- Genealogy Information Portals
- Accessing Arizona Public Records
- Arizona Newspapers
- Arizona Biographical Database