Home > History and Archives > Services to Government
Resources and Services to Arizona State,
County and Local Government Offices
For non-permanent records please contact the Records Management Center at the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records.
To Transfer Permanent Records to the Arizona State Archives:
For Courts Only:
- Agreement to Transfer Court Records: Use this form when transferring permanent legal custody of records from creating court to Arizona State Archives. (For use with court records only)
- Pre-destruction Form: Use this form before considering destruction of court records. (For use with court records only)
- Consulting with government agencies on the identification and preservation of permanently valuable records
- Conducting historical research for the Legislature
- Advising organizations on establishing an archives
- Helping institutions and government agencies develop disaster plans
- Conducting records surveys for government agencies
Electronic Records Services:
Arizona State Archives' Electronic Records Archivist offers the follwing special services:
- Consulting with agencies on identifying, managing, and preserving electronic records, including storage, format and migration issues.
- Conducting workshops on the identification, management, and preservation of permanent government electronic records.
- Coordinating the transfer of permanent electronic records created by state and local government to the History and Archives.
- Writing and publishing handouts, articles, and guidelines pertaining to electronic records.
Disaster Planning for Government Agencies in Arizona
- Conducting consultations on conservation issues via telephone, email or on-site.
- Conducting hands-on workshops on book repair for circulating collections, disaster prevention and response, paper conservation and other topics. A fee to cover the cost of supplies may be necessary for some workshops.
top of page